SimpliSafe vs. Scout Home Security

SimpliSafe vs. Scout Home Security

RELATED PRODUCTS:

Comments (8)

• Rose Thibodeaux Reply

SimpliSafe's app now includes the ability to install a camera, watch video clips, and view live footage.

April 15, 2017 at 5:26 pm
  • eLJaybud Reply

Plans. Better off having your own external web page servicing it.

April 15, 2017 at 5:41 pm
  • Gamer Whiz Reply

Great review.

April 15, 2017 at 6:13 pm
  • The Smart House Guy Reply

Another great video and I have to agree, this mic's quality is much better πŸ™‚ May I ask which one you got? Keep in mind that ScoutAlarm also has IFTTT access, which means you can set it to do pretty much ALL of the premium features for free with IFTTT through a few simple recipes. This is one of my personal specialties, figuring out how to make things work that aren't really designed to work together.

A few video tips that might help you with your next video πŸ˜€

-Instead of pointing at the items with your hands, it might be better to have them either highlighted in some way, or have an arrow point to them, with an added "ding" sound effect. The reason why is it's much cleaner and your arm doesn't get in the way. Regardless, your shooting was still superb.

-I'd suggest investing in a cheap lighting set. While the outdoor window does accent your face quite well, it does leave a slight shadow on your left side. The background is very nice and accents your video very well, so you don't need a green screen like I do. You can get a REALLY nice lighting set on amazon for less than $200, so it's VERY much so well worth it. I'd suggest getting a white background sheet, blanket, or cover, just in case you're traveling and want to shoot a video.

-If you can, try to push out a video every single week. I know it's hard to do (even I haven't been able to get to that level, especially since my videos require a LOT more editing than yours do….thank GOODNESS you have a nice background to work with, I just DON'T lol). Consistency is key, once a week is a minimum and you DEFINITELY will do VERY well here on youtube. Trust me, you've already got 190 subscribers at the time of this post.

-Check out the youtube channel VideoCreators hosted by Tim Schmoyer. He's not only an EXCELLENT youtuber, but he also is certified to teach you how to make AMAZING videos. I promote him ALL. THE. TIME. because the guy is AMAZING. I really think you could learn a lot from him, but it's not like you need to learn a lot, you've got a LOT of the basics down already! πŸ™‚ Great job!

-I'd suggest throwing in an end card. It's simple and easy to make, although it does require a little bit more editing on your part to put together. Once you get a standard you'll be set though. Record all of your footage, and end with asking for subscribers and whatnot. 20-30 seconds before the very end of your clip, shrink your video down to a decent size so that the background is more visible. Then you can put important items like the end card icons and whatnot to promote other videos and your channel or other channels. While people are listening to your videos wrap up, they have something to look at that can hopefully get them to go check out MORE of your awesome videos (which they totally should because your stuff is awesome).

I love the intro video and logo, did you do that yourself or have someone else make it for you? My new intro was made by me from a friend of mine. I'm really loving it, but I think yours accents you quite well and works awesome.

Sorry for the gigantic wall of text, but I hope this helps you a lot. You've already go so much awesome stuff going! Very VERY good job! πŸ˜€

April 15, 2017 at 7:06 pm
  • tempest411 Reply

I think I'm just going to build a mote around my place and fill it with crocodiles:)

I 'have' Frontpoint, but it only worked for a few months before one of the sensors went bad and started sensing false alarms…Now the keypad makes a dandy night light, and Frontpoint charges me $44.00/month for the use of it.

April 15, 2017 at 7:16 pm
  • Jake Fox Reply

iSmartAlarm has all these features with no monthly fees! =)

April 15, 2017 at 7:57 pm
  • TechFit360 Reply

Good Video, I'm going to check them both out!

April 15, 2017 at 8:57 pm
  • monsterocket Reply

I've had Simplisafe for quite some time but I'm looking at purchasing a home automation system as well. My engineering friend says he did a lot of research and landed on Samsung SmartThings but… only Scout integrates with that.

I'm torn because I've heard that SimpliSafe has better response time (and they haven't done me wrong yet β€”Β just ordered their cameras).

I'm torn on how to approach this now. Any ideas?

April 15, 2017 at 9:24 pm